The faculty prizes 2021 for the best PhD and the best master thesis in mathematics, statistics and computer science go to our students:
- Patrick Frischknecht for "Detection of Cybersquatted Domains" (Master)
- Simon Jenni for "Learning Generalizable Visual Patterns without Human Supervision" (PhD)
The joint alumni association in CS of Bern, Neuchâtel, and Fribourg annually awards a prize for the best bachelor, master, and PhD thesis. The prizes 2021 go to our students:
- Olivier Stähli for "Deep Learning in the Wild – Entwicklung eines AI-basierten, bioakustischen Wolf-Monitoring-Systems" (Bachelor)
- David Lehnherr for "A Logic of Interactive Proofs" (Master)
- Allan M. de Souza for "Towards a Personalized Multi-objective Vehicular Traffic Re-routing System" (PhD).
For more information see https://www.jointalumni.ch/awards-thesis-2021/